Amazon to Open Appstore for Mobile Applications

| Blog | October 8, 2010

Amazon.com has announced plans to open an app store for smartphones running Google Android OS. This would put it in direct competition with Google’s own marketplace for Android apps as well as Apple’sAppstore.

AccordingtoAmazon,Amazon.com would split the cut on any sales with developers. Developers would receive 70% of each sale and Amazon the remaining 30%. The terms of listing your app within Amazon’s appstore include a clause that state the app can not be offered at a lower price anywhere else.

Amazon is asking developers to commit to putting already public apps within two week of accepting the terms of service. Future apps must also be delivered within two weeks of the apps initial availability.

No word yet on the name of the new Appstore being launched within the next few months…

No Tags

  

One Response to “Amazon to Open Appstore for Mobile Applications”

  1. Vassilios

    test

Leave a Reply