I’ve got a group of about 6 large hi-res images (roughly 7000×7000 each) and I’m trying to load them up into an Adobe AIR iPad app, and enable zoom and pan using TransformGestureEvent. In works fine in the debug player on my PC, but it’s crashing a lot when it gets to the device. I’ve tried a number of things to optimize it:
- using the Greensock BlitMask (which helped, a little)
- after loading, storing each object into a Vector so that if it was already loaded, I wouldn’t need to use another Loader.
- reusing the Loader objects whenever possible and avoiding instantiation.
I’ve considered compressing the images and cutting their size in half, but I’d like to avoid that if possible.
(sorry for not posting code, it’s on my office computer)