I am currently learning C++ (and I know I must learn everything before creating GUI apps, on perhaps console first, but)
While doing some searching for an SDK -which would help with creating the GUI of my app – letting me write JUST the important codes myself-, I found, downloaded, and installed a C++ IDE; Qt SDK (Qt Creator Trial for 30-days; version 2.5.2, based on Qt 4.8.2).
My questions are:
- If I like the app, and the trial expires and I want to buy the app, how much would a license cost me? If any of you guys have used, or use this app, how much did you spend? (I’ve checked their website, which to be honest, is very intimidating, and includes no info about pricing etc.)
- Which license would be adequate for me creating apps and selling them online, from a website. (I obviously want to avoid buying the wrong license and getting into trouble!)
If you can help me, thank you! If this is a non-question or is unsuitable for this website, please just give me references etc.
My apps would be closed-source (commercial, not free, with the exclusion of some). I would guess that this would affect which license terms/types apply to me.
Also, when and if I do buy the software, do I have to mention I used it or give any references etc.??
To clarify, me needs are as follows:
- My software may or may not be free (there may both free and paid versions of each)
- My software’s source should not be available, and I specifically want my application to be closed-source i.e. no one should have access to the source code that was used to build it.
- I will be selling/distributing my software from a website (a company website).